Friday, July 9, 2010

My Shop



Hi! My name is Ariel and my shop is
Tootsie Marie.

I love to sew & my family has been telling me for quite a long time to set up a shop & sell some things. I put it off & put it off, I was not convinced anyone would buy the stuff I was making.

I have a great friend, (one of my very, best friends in fact) named Melanie, she owns a fabric store, Above All Fabric.
I buy all of my fabric from her, she carries the best designers! We get together to sew & work on projects pretty often, we laugh a LOT & sew a little! :)


I brought my latest idea over to Melanie's house to have her look at it, a water bottle carrier made from Patty Young's fabric... Playdate, goldfish - teal.
She loved it & the rest is very recent history.

















She Tweeted a picture of the water bottle carrier & sold two of them right then! I didn't have a blog or a shop or even a price yet! I freaked out a little & then got to work.

I could not have done this without her help. She has held my hand through everything, from my trademark name to teaching me about HTML code! Thank you Melanie! I would be a total wreck without you!

I also owe a huge thanks to my husband & parents for always encouraging me and to my daughter, for being so darn sweet. :)

I think 'water bottle carrier' is a bit of a long name, so I am calling it the 'Carey Jane'. I am working hard to have them available in my shop as soon as possible. I am also working on a Carey Jane pattern and a kit or two.

Thank you for reading this! I hope everything is spelled correctly! I am having some trouble with the formatting, but I promise to work on it! :)

1 comment: