Sunday, July 25, 2010

GODZILLA!!!!!






Okay, maybe it isn't quite that bad... but I really HATE lizards! I know it is not a rational fear, but I can't help it! They totally freak me out.





We moved here to Arizona from Michigan two years ago. Michigan is not known for its lizard population & to be fair I had no idea I was phobic about them. I think for me, it is kind of like having a mouse in the house...total freak out irrational screaming jumping fear!

Here in Arizona, we have lizards. LOTS of them in fact. Our home was vacant for a time before we purchased it, we have bit of land... & more lizards than I can deal with! I have no issue with them, when they are not up close... but lately they have been up really close!


A few weeks ago, this monster showed up right outside the door... he is about 8" long. His girlfriend is about 6" long. That's right I said girlfriend, can you guess what we have now?




Yep..... the tall grass next to my back door seems to be a perfect baby Godzilla nursery. Awesome.







Then today.... this mini-Komodo monster showed up, two of them actually. They are SO creepy! One has already tried to get in the house, I am SO happy we have a cat!



If my sewing machine was not broken :( I would be sewing instead of freaking out about lizards... but that is a story for another day. I have to go watch & make sure Godzilla & family are not plotting to get in!

2 comments:

  1. funny girl. The lizards eat bad spiders. :) any progress on the machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them for that! but they still creep me out :)
    My sewing machine is sounding better, but I am afraid to plug it in & really try it! Maybe later, I have to work on P's backpack...

    ReplyDelete