Thursday, August 5, 2010

slow going............

I was at Melanie's house on Saturday working on the cool scarves for one of her Caring Communities projects, it was really fun & I got to hold a baby! :)

Anyway, after I got back home my husband mentioned that the back room had a place where the drywall tape was getting lose... strange, I thought. We walked to the room, opened the door & discovered it was SO much worse. The drywall had come lose & there was water pouring in. awesome.





It quickly became apparent that we will have to open up the whole ceiling to find the leak from the inside & remove the wet drywall. Did I mention this is my storage room & it is full?

My back has not hurt this much since we moved in a year ago. We decided it was a good opportunity to clean out! I have been sorting stuff this whole week. Everything has to come out of the room so we can tear out the old & put up new drywall.
(Monster yard sale, coming soon!)

Several Christmas storage bins came out of there with some strange sand like stuff on them....... & we found a termite tube on the ceiling in another spot. We have had a constant termite problem at this house, but we have really great bug guys & they come right out & fix it each time. So, I called & they came out.... the one termite tube, no problem. The sand like pellets? Dry Wood Termites. We have to take down even more of the ceiling & worse case scenario..... replace the roof. Have I said 'awesome' yet?

I am so happy that nothing had been ruined when the leak happened & I am pleased we are sorting through all our junk & getting rid of stuff. I am trying to stay positive! I know it could be OH so much worse, I know this is all trivial... but could I catch a break already? SO, my shop is not up yet & though I am working on it all this is more important at the moment. On the plus side, I fixed my sewing machine (by myself!) & it is working great. My car is being fixed & I should have it back soon.

Have I mentioned I love that this thing has a spell checker? If only there was a grammar checker! :) I am struggling with the html stuff & other formatting, but I am learning & working on it...... I swear it will get better! Thanks for bearing with me. :)

1 comment:

  1. that totally sucks. But it is good that you're sorting stuff :) will insurance cover anything?!?!?

    ReplyDelete